Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Funnel our energies to a dying world

Thanks everyone for the meaningful comments. I'm sure there'll be more discussion of this topic in the future, which will be fine, but hopefully the discussion will take it's rightful place...

For example, I'd love for this issue to be discussed on the bus as we go up to Allenwood, PA next month to sing at the prison where Neal works now...visiting the prison...now that's the work of Christ. Discussing worship styles/forms, now that's just filler time discussion. I'm not bragging on those of you who are planning to make the trip, I'm just saying, THAT is what I want my life to be about, not a silly guitar/piano/set of mics. I want to be known for lifting up the fallen, visiting the sick, bringing hope to those in prison. I want Jesus' mission statement to be my mission statement. Even Jesus doesn't mention specifics on worship...He's WAY too focused on the work the Father sent Him to earth for.

Thank You, Father God, for the enduring example of your Son, Jesus. Thank You, Jesus, for being the Way, Truth & Life, and for bearing with us when we fret and worry about trivial things. But grow us up, Lord. Help us get past ourselves and help us to funnel all of this energy to show Christ to a lost world.

No comments: