Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Weekend with Ken Young & Hallal

Our church just had an incredible weekend of praise with Ken Young, the Hallal singers (www.hallalmusic.com) and No Less Days. No Less Days has a website on myspace, but I'm not smart enough to find it at present. Their own website will launch soon, so keep checking back.

Go to www.fxcc.org and look at pictures from the praise events Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.

God was worshipped in a mighty way, because Ken & his team (and No Less Days on Saturday night) used their gifts to strengthen the church. It was straight from I Cor. 14:26...there was no sign of performance, entertainment, showmanship, ego, etc. From my experiences this weekend, it was incredibly obvious that each worship team member and the worship leader were focused on Jesus, and their role in the assembly was to help me focus on Him as well.

I was very blessed by their efforts, and feel it was an excellent example of the benefits of team leadership.

Other thoughts/impressions from our Hallal weekend?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's hard to put into words when we have a worship experience like we had this past Sunday....I trust that it is simply the Holy Spirit intervening for me and speaking a language I don't understand - I just KNOW that I felt humbled and connected to the Lord.

It's been a long time since I was able to focus on the meaning of communion like I was during "via Dolorosa"...the words and music speak so profoundly to me.

Focusing on worship helped to soothe my heartache that I'm having right now....helped me to "Be Still...and Know that HE is the Lord"...

Ken was right on when he asked the Lord to forgive our complacent "habit" of worship....for it happens all too often.

I pray that we who are striving to help guide and inspire all to a higher level of worship continue to be led and guided in the right path...Thank you Murray, thank you Hallal...and Thank you Lord!

Unknown said...

Sunday was awesome Murray- we were so incredibly uplifted and encouraged by worship on Sunday morning, and then all afternoon long....thank you so much for organizing that day for our church- it was much needed!