Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I am a way, a truth, a life

Nah, I don't think so!

Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, is the only way we can access the one true God.  He is THE Way, THE Truth, THE Life.  

Somewhere along the way, that truth has gotten fuzzy for a lot of people, even well-meaning life long believers.  All in the name of tolerance!  

I ranted and raved a few months ago about one of our favorite children's video characters, Boz the Bear.  www.bozthebear.com  We still like him a lot and buy their stuff.  But he rarely mentions Jesus.  He talks about morality a lot and good behavior, but he doesn't reference Jesus' teachings.  And they are marketed mainly through Christian bookstores.  

I think we Christians need to launch a new campaign about Jesus...getting people back to him, and He will show them the Father.  

These are random unfocused thoughts, so I'm sorry about that.  But have you heard people end prayers with "in your name we pray, Amen."  And they began the prayer with, "Dear God".  Now I know what they mean, and I'm good with that.  You hear that a lot in Christian churches even.  But my B'hai friends pray to God in God's name, and so do muslims.  What's unique about Christianity is the fact that we pray to GOD in JESUS' name, not any other name, not even God's name himself.  

My point, let's start standing up for Jesus.  He stood up for us.  And let's take opportunity when we hear people talking about "ways to get to Heaven".  



2 comments:

Odgie said...

Good points Murray. It is very tempting in our politically correct times to compromise.

Jerri said...

I agree so much with what you've said here! Everyone seems just fine with our bringing up God....I can't believe I'm saying this but God IS more politically correct than Jesus! I think that means we need to be speaking the name of Jesus everywhere we go....and, like you said, praying in His name.
We are supposed to become all things to all people, but that doesn't mean we are to deny Christ through omission of His name. Jesus IS Lord!