Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Heart of Worship

What a week! Matt Redman penned these words years ago, and we sang this for the 1st time last Sunday, Nov 19th. Only the Holy Spirit knew how terribly appropriate they were for our church for the week ahead. Loving God, help us to find our hearts of worship & give them completely to You!
When the music fades, all is stripped away
And I simply come
Longing just to bring something that's of worth
That will bless Your heart
I'll bring You more than a song
For a song in itself is not what You have required
You search much deeper within - through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart
I'm coming back to the heart of worship

And it's all about You
All about You Jesus
I'm sorry, Lord, for the thing I've made it
When it's all about You
All about You Jesus

King of endless worth
No one could express how much You deserve
Though I'm weak and poor - all I have is Yours
Ev'ry single breath
I'll bring you more than a song,
for a song in itself is not what You have required
You search much deeper within, through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Thanks for adding this song to our repertoire. I have loved this song since the first time I heard it -- I'm just sorry I wasn't in worship last week to sing it! :) Can't wait until we sing it again soon!