Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Other Worship Recordings

Thanks for the comment, Amy. Didn't like Vicky Beeching so much, huh? Not even "The Wonder of the Cross", track 5? Ok, moving on...her english accent and high-pitched keys are not for everyone. I've already decided my arrangement of that will be pitched lower.

Here are some of my favorites.
Chris Tomlin - His See the Morning cd has worship hit after hit after hit...

Hallal's latest CD Immeasurable is really great...Mostly they cover many great instrumental worship songs, but there are a few originals by Ken that are spectacular (effective, moving, well written, good hook, etc.)

Shane & Shane's new cd Pages is solid.

I'm reserving judgment on Dennis Jernigan's new cd I Cry Holy , but I don't think it contains anything like his monster hits "You are my All in All" or "Thank You, Lord" but I haven't finished listening to all of it yet...he has admitted to not being aware of current worship music / styles, and I think that shows in this newest release. It's great heartfelt stuff, it's just a little obvious and plain for me at "first listen".

Another great resource for up & coming worship artists is www.independentbands.com you could just sample some of their new releases.

Lastly, I'd be interested in hearing some of your favorite worship songs. Kelli B, you might even say "give me the old hymns" and that's great too. If you like fresh covers for them, I could hook you up. Amy Grant's are some of my favorite hymn redux.

Bottom line, just keep on singing!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

You just made me think of our "Chorale" :) leader where we used to go to church. He held the firm opinion that NOTHING worth singing was written after about 1860. :) So, I spent three years singing a lot of high church stuff. Imagine, coming from that to the stuff we did at FXCC.
Maybe I'm just weird, but I really do like a little of all of it. Guess that explains why I can have Bach, Bon Jovi, Steven Curtis Chapman, Alison Kraus, Ella Fitzgerald and Kermit the Frog all on the same playlist . . .

Amy Paden said...

Thanks for the list of additional stuff. I love Chris Tomlin- Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) is one of my favorite songs right now.

Favorite worship songs...Sorry this list is so long, but it is the short version! ;-) I had a hard time narrowing it down.

Awesome in This Place
Blessed Be Your Name
Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing
God of Wonders
He Leadeth Me
Holy Spirit, Rain Down
Firm Foundation
Awesome God
God Will Make a Way
How Beautiful
Listen to Our Hearts
Thomas' Song
We Bow Down
We Shall Assemble
Sanctuary
Love Lifted Me
You're The One
The Greatest Commands
Arms of Love
Beautiful One
Who Paints the Skies
Our God, He is Alive
To God Be The Glory
As The Deer (Jernigan)
Free to Dance
Trading My Sorrows
That's Why We Praise Him
East to West
The Heart of Worship