Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Meeting Adam Vinatieri

I just met Adam Vinatieri, kicker for the World Champion Indianapolis Colts, at the Sharp Business Systems Expo at the Colts Center here in Indy.

I got an autographed picture, and I'm trying to figure out how to load my pic with him from my phone to my blog.

We had a nice chat, here's an excerpt (ok, it's the entire text of the chat.)

Murray: You guys are going to kill the Patriots, no problem.

Adam: Hope so, we're gonna stick it to 'em.

I think I'm his new best friend.

You would not believe the size of that Superbowl ring, and then his wedding ring is the biggest man's wedding ring I've ever seen and it was covered with a band of diamonds.

How did I get to do that? We took a field trip as an entire church staff (sans Jason) to learn about new business products from Sharp, and for a free lunch, and to meet an unnamed Colts player. I actually met a guy who could do color banners and other promo stuff for us, and I also found out about other cool products. So it was actually productive as well as fun!

(Nancilynn, thanks for the comment...what's your email? Send it to me at murray@nccoc.org)

No comments: