Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My Thoughts Exactly

I've always liked Mike Cope...it all started when he was my preacher for 4 years while I attended Harding University. I this is still true, he's the only one who went through Harding Grad with a 4.0 grade point average. Anyway, he's brilliant, a great orator, a sincere follower of Christ, and the best student of Scripture that I know of.

On Aug 27, I posted about an ad in the Christian Chronicle...well, a similar ad has run again in this month's issue, and it's even worse. Here is Mike's post from a few days ago, and they are my thoughts exactly...and the thoughts of most, if not all, of the church leaders with whom I've worked in the past 15 years.

http://www.preachermike.com/ and go to his post entitled "A Time to Speak".

On a more positive note, we leave tomorrow for the ZOE worship conference in Nashville, and we are SO EXCITED! Besides hearing some awesome speakers and spending lots and lots of time in worship, we'll get to see some of my mom's family as well in our free time.

1 comment:

Amy Paden said...

Jonathan will be excited to hear you guys are going to ZOE! We are leaving tonight to go down. I'll be praying for safe travels.