Thursday, August 30, 2007

All In a Day's Work / New Shane & Shane CD

Most of you know my life's passion is worship ministry and I'm so blessed to be able to use my gifts in a way that puts a roof over our heads & clothes on our backs (and much more, obviously).

But I also love, in a very different way, being a church administrator.

Today I drained the baptistry and refilled it. It's fun to work with water that washes the sins of the world away.

After refilling, I was in the process of adding chlorine when I had an experience slightly similar to that of Former President Bill Clinton. He did not inhale, apparently, but I did today over the bucket of chlorine granules.

I'm fairly sure after that inhalation experience I'll never have pneumonia, and I'll never get lung cancer. I think the insides of my lungs are now pearly white and hospital-sterile. I hope the strong pungent breath-taking odor also whitened my macchiato-stained teeth as it made its way down.

I just feel clean all over and now everything I touch is also instantly santized. (I did not use gloves, but will next time.) I hope when I pick up Faithy tonight when I get home, that I don't bleach out her clothes with my fingertips.

Now, back to worship, the new Shane & Shane CD is out...It's called "Pages" and I'm getting to know it. "We Love you, Jesus" is very powerful and musically interesting. There's a cool song about Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego also, a story for which I wish there were more songs, since it's so many people's favorite O.T. story (mine & Jaime's for sure.) It's called "Burn us up." I love their guitar work and tight duet vocals. But you just have to enjoy the good and skip over a few tracks on all of the CDs, if you ask me. They are rarely in the middle of my musical-taste palette. They're either knocking them out of the park, or should be getting kicked out of a park.

Regardless, I recommend it. I bought mine off www.independentbands.com and they always have low pricing.

Have a great weekend everyone! Walk with Jesus every moment. He's right beside, inside you. How humbling and reassuring and powerful to know.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so excited their new cd is out! I'll have to order one. I've been a big S&S fan for quite a few years and loved getting to see them perform live. My sister even used some of their music in her wedding a few weeks ago...a bit "unique" but it was nice!

Katherine said...

Listening to it now, and a couple of their songs made me think of something -- and it's actually worship-planning related! :) (imagine . . . )

Do you think that there are some songs out there that are WONDERFUL worship songs -- the kind you can sing along and truly enjoy worshiping with -- but that just don't work for group / congregational singing?
I cringe every time I've been in a worship service when the leader is introducing a new song and it has a funky rhythm, syncopation, or something like that, and I get an idea of what the song is supposed to sound like, but realize that a group of people that large will NEVER be able to sing it "right".

Am I just being too uptight musically, or do you think that some songs just aren't cut out for big groups like that?