Sunday, January 21, 2007

To our Sun PM Small Group at the Building: I was wrong!

Please allow me to publicly apologize to the FXCC small group that meets at the building each Sunday night. By 8:45 am this morning, they had made the decision to cancel due to inclement weather. At that point, it was merely cold. I scoffed at them with crinkled nose...

However, beginning at 12 pm, just as www.weather.com predicted, a light snow begin to fall. As Jaime & I sat with friends around the lunch table at Olive Garden, marveling in the surely-it's-not-bad-yet winter wonderland that surrounded us, we had no idea that treacherous conditions were beginning to develop. When we finally sobered up & ventured out (just kidding on the sobered up part, I mean, we were sober, but we were never not sober...I'm just seeing if anyone's really reading this...), the roads were extremely hazardous. We passed 3 cars on the side of the FX County Pkwy. I was very happy to get Faithy & Jaime home safely, and I'm setting aside 78 cents a week now to save up for an All-Wheel Drive minivan.

So, to the Sun PM Small Group at the Building, I humbly apologize for calling you wimps, and for openly mocking you during the announcements this morning. Your wisdom/weather prediction ability far exceeds mine, and I hope you are all resting at home in front of a fire (safely confined in your fireplace) with hot cocoa and the Colts game on...We just saw the Mavs win, which I'm always glad to see Dallas sporting teams do well.

I will greatly miss our own small group tonight, but we are looking forward to having family night together for sure. Hot cocoa with the Colts is definitely on the agenda (Jaime was born and raised in Indy...)

Enjoy the snow!

"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow..." from Isaiah 1

2 comments:

Katherine said...

If you want to define "sobering up" as finally realizing that it was silly to be doing anything other than going home to get out of the weather - then that is exactly what we, I mean -- you -- did as we left. Using that definition, WE didn't sober up until we finished shopping an hour later, and saw that the roads weren't any clearer than the parking lot! An hour and a half drive around the beltway later -- it is nice to be home. Now bring on the hot chocolate and GO COLTS!

jaime s said...

Yippee Colts!!! WHAT A GAME!!! I am not sure we'll be able to sleep tonight!!!