Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Favorite Psalm?

By the way, it's not too late to jump in on the daily Bible reading schedule, the one where you can read through the entire Bible in a year...I've found it to be extremely helpful in "making myself" (we are to 'make disciples', right? That includes me. Sometimes I have to 'make myself' get up & read and I don't always know where to jump in...) get a good daily dosage of God's Word. Go to www.oneyearbibleblog.com The commentary is helpful as well, as long as you stay balanced in what is God's Word vs. what is someone's interpretations/reflections.

Today's psalm was Psalm 25...what an incredible psalm! Go to www.biblegateway.com and type in "psalm 25"...

And the sequence of psalms that it follows makes it even more meaninful:

Psalm 22 - despondence, dependence on God, desperation, forsakenness
Psalm 23 - the beautiful tribute to God's guidance and presence
Psalm 24 - a bold proclamation of what's what in the world, and who's in charge


Then Psalm 25...to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul! And every verse after the first is just one home run thought/prayer after another. Wow!

I'd love to know your favorite psalm...make a comment!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Murray! One of my favorite Psalms is Psalm 143:8-10:

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD, for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

By the way- Faith is SO ADORABLE! I tell you guys that all the time, but she is!!!