Monday, February 26, 2007

Snow and Waffles

Yesterday's snowfall, while quick and high stacking, was the most beautiful snow I've seen in a long, long time. What a way to begin our Sunday!

I was a nervous wreck from 6 am to 7 am, but I finally felt we had made the right decision to carry on with a normal schedule...well, that's when God likes to remind us that He is God. The sleet turned to snow by 8 am, and dumped 4 to 5 inches on our parking lot in about 2 hours!

Thanks to everyone who was a good sport...At least 8 people came for our 10:20 am service, only to discover that we canceled it to encourage people to return home safely.

Since the roads were getting progressively worse, our small group decided to meet for lunch instead of our normal Sun PM gathering time, and we met at Eggspectations in Chantilly. I really really love that place! That's the place I chose when it came my turn for a b'day lunch last month with our staff. The coffee is good, the service is good, and oh yeah, the food is delicious!

We had a great lunch/fellowship time, and oh yeah, we got a waffle for free because BOTH of their waffle irons broke, and they had to bust out a new one for us, so it took a long time...but it was worth the wait!

I love our small group, and I'm so thankful to have people to walk this road of life with. People who are real, funny, authentic, and deeply in pursuit of God.

So that's it, my Sunday was wrapped up in snow & waffles. (Not to mention the great time of praise & proclamation at our 9 am service...great job by our guest speaker)

1 comment:

Jill said...

i'm so jealous that you got to hear dr. richard hughes speak this weekend!!! i never heard him preach, but he taught my favorite class at pepperdine...i learned so much from him! glad to hear you all got some beautiful snow...it's close to 80 here today :).